A short list of the top ten benefits of your own web site.
1. World wide audience - unlike a directory or newspaper the Internet isn’t limited
to a town, county or postcode. Your business is on show to a world wide audience.
2. Tell your customers what you do - provide as much detail as you like, or just
snippets to grab their attention and get them calling....
3. Tell your customers what you don’t do - often people forget that a web site can
tell a customer what you don’t do. Don’t take payments in Euros or open on a Sunday?
Let the customer know on your web site and avoid disappointment.
4. A professional image - a web site can enhance your credibility by presenting your
business in a clean cut, informative format.
5. A soft sell -most people have access to the Internet in the office and at home.
This means they can see your site at a time convenient to their lifestyle. A relaxed
viewing could get you their business unlike a quickly dismissed cold call.
6. Always up to date - a printed brochure gets out of date very quickly and once
it’s in the post you can’t change it. A web site can be quickly changed to provide
current or changing information.
7. Gather information - add some forms to your site and your customers can provide
you with names and addresses.
8. Distribute information - display documents or tables that change regularly on
your web site. Instant information for your customers and a saving on printing and
postage for you.
9. Cool features - adding features interactive maps to your site means customers
get extra benefits from using it. Brownie points for you!
10. Open twenty four hours a day - your web site is there all day every day promoting
your business. Potential customers can be finding out about you on bank holidays
or in the middle of the night.
Forget the technological terminology and read our top ten list of how a web site
can help your business. There are plenty of benefits ranging from providing up to
date information to a constantly available form of advertising. Below we’ve put some
together some notes on how the more advanced aspects of a web site can be used in
Flash animation - has numerous uses. Can produce high impact, moving graphics showing
products or services your company provides.
Forms - allows a person viewing your web site to fill in details that are then transmitted
to you. It’s most general use is a contact form which allows a customer to submit
a question to you directly from your web site.
E-Mail shots - designing a marketing campaign can be easy and cost effective. A lot
of the work is done when your web site is designed, you simply add details on your
latest promotion or seasonal specials. A quality, detailed email is then sent to